Warning: Very Sad Story

"At 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning, [a 27-year old wife and mother in Eastern Michigan] lost her home, her belongings, her husband, her 4 year old son and her 8 month old daughter to a fire. She was saved by a neighbor who put a ladder up to her bedroom window. Her 12 year old step daughter also made it out on her own. The neighbors tried to put a ladder up to the children's window, where their father was trying to save them, but were unable to due to the smoke and flames. The fire department was able to remove her husband and children from the home within 10 minutes of arriving, but as I already mentioned, it was too late."

I learned about this tragic story originally this morning from CakeWrecks. They linked to Kristie's Notes, where I read of this horrible loss.

Please check your smoke alarms. Make sure you have enough of them, they are placed in appropriate locations, and that they are working. And while you're at it, make sure you have at lease one carbon monoxide alarm in working order.

Kristie's blog includes a link to PayPal where you can make a donation if this moves you. I did.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Thank you so much for sharing Amanda's story with your readers. I am truly grateful for your support. It really does mean a lot right now :-)