Night out (2009 Challenge)



Did you have a night out with friends or a loved one that rocked your world? Who was there? What was the highlight of the night?

October was rife with nights out with friends.

Nini & John treated us to dinner at Marrakech* in celebration of their employment with Century 21. The highlight of that evening was, most definitely, watching Nini get up and belly dance after having recently had both hips replaced!

Later that month, I took a weekend trip to San Jose and had a great time with my friends Debbi and Maria. Nothing beats some concentrated girlfriend time. We laughed til we peed ourselves! (Sorry - no pictures of that.)

A couple of days after returning, Steve and I tried a new (to us) Italian restaurant in Davis (it was great) and attended An Acoustic Evening with Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt at the Mondavi Center.

The following weekend, Koby and Brooke and I made the drive to Fullerton to visit with Spike. And the weekend after that, Steve and I drove down again!

I guess we weren't home much at all in October. Each of those events held its own high points, of course. I loved seeing Koby and Brooke have the opportunity to spend time with Spike. I was so happy to see Trevor and Bettie and the rest of that crowd, and glad that Steve got to meet everyone he's been hearing so much about.

* In jumping out to find the link for Marrakech, it appears they've disappeared. I am stunned and trying to find out more info about this. I discovered Zaheea, my all-time fav bd, has retired, but will wait for her reply to my email before I can relate the whole scoop. Wow.

1 comment:

april said...

hey, t and i saw hiatt and lyle together accoustically recently too (alot of LY's there yes?) wasn't that one FANTABULOUS show? love those guys.

and no more marakesh? say it's not so! that simply cannot be. they've moved surely. not closed. cannot be....