Home (2009 Challenge)



What's the best change you made to the place you live?

I want to say something noble about improving the globe, feeding the hungry, clothing the (unintentionally) naked, yadda, yadda, but don't you think this blog deserves an honest response? Taking back my turf, which involved a fair amount of late but necessary personal growth, was truly the best change.

Those who know me well know that I'm a people-pleaser. Generally speaking, if it makes you happy, I'll throw myself in front of a train. Over the decades, this has resulted in a goodly number of railroad track shaped scars. Who can say why some of us learn to be whole when we're 2, 5 or 10, and others take half a century or more? If we're lucky, though, or smart, or diligent, we learn. And if we're really good, we learn how to stand our ground without being complete bitches. That is my quest.

No comments: