Moving right along...

I had previously purchased three six-panel doors at a deep discount from Habitat Restore. They are the right size for the three bedrooms. Corbin came and installed two of them.


In the near future I will buy matching doors for the hall bathroom and the hall pantry.

All door trim is now installed, painted and caulked, but that adventure was not without its setbacks. When I pulled the paint tape off, this happened.

Apologies for the crappy photography.


And this is how much paint I had left.

But I managed.

Next up is the floor. Not wishing to drive across town to buy the pure-white butcher paper that I used in the bathroom and kitchen (hey, it was cold and rainy outside!), I thought I'd give it a go with the inexpensive "packing paper" in stock at my local Failmart. The paper has a slight brown tinge to it and, after application, it looks rather like concrete. Or like the cat peed there again.

 Cue the jokes about installing a "faux concrete" floor over real concrete.

Then, just for shits and giggles, I tested another small area using some silver wrapping paper I had on hand.

Ugly.

This last test area was done with the remaining scraps of white butcher paper I had in the garage.

Test with butcher paper.

I'm obviously most happy with this last one. IMO, it comes the closest to looking like Carrara marble, which is my goal.
Real Carrara marble.

I may actually go back over it when all is said and done, and do a little marble faux painting on the seams. The goal will be to keep the expanses clean and whiter while highlighting the seams so they look more like the veins in real marble.

So, since that last test used my last scraps of butcher paper, I went a-shopping for more. Ended up ordering it from Amazon, which buys me approximately one week to recover from all the crouching, crawling and scootching I've been doing!

2 comments: