Bathroom check-in

The mudding-sanding-mudding-sanding-repeat seemed to go on FOREVAH! Yesterday I was finally ready to throw on a coat of primer.

First I removed all the old, cucky caulk. 



 Oopsie! One of the shower doors didn't appreciate the vibrations.

 
Scraped up all the crumbs and blotches of vinyl adhesive,
and then vacuumed the floors.


And here's the after:


It's finally prime time! 



Primed. 


Yay! Finally ready for the first coat of paint! But wait...just as with the hallway...that first coat of paint let me see all the boo-boos.

"Jebus Cripes, when will it end?"

Yesterday, before dying completely at the end of the day, I re-mudded the icky spots. Today I sanded them...and saw more icky spots. Mudded them, let the mud dry, sanded them...and saw more icky spots. Repeat. The curse of a perfectionist. Finally was able to re-prime and re-paint the repaired areas.

As of this writing, it is now, really and truly, ready for the second and final coat of paint throughout.



Oh, and as for the shower door, I'm effectively delaying its replacement date until I'm damn good and ready by covering one side with masking tape and the other side with two coats of PolyAcrylic.

So there.

No comments: