Water Heater Fubar of 2013 (part 2)

So...the water heater did, indeed, get fully installed and just in time. Joel and Janet arrived just as our fabulous plumber, Clint, was packing up to go home. Water heater (woohoo!):


I know, it looks like every other water heater in the world, but we're dang glad to have her.

Steve and I have been rebuilding the damaged wall. I'm the insulation installer and he's the master of correct measurements for the drywall. We team up on the actual installation, then I follow up with the tape and joint compound.


Still looks unimpressive, but we're happy to get the wall sealed up. The joint compound is drying as we speak, and I'm still trying to decide if I want to take the trouble to prime and paint that wall since everything's moved away from it right now.

On the bedroom side, there was previously only one outlet on that wall. As we all know, that's never enough in this here 21st century, so I worked my girl-power magic and turned one into three.


I am now in the process of re-insulating the bedroom side but with our schedules it's likely we won't get that side of the wall sealed up until next weekend.

Meanwhile, this happened.

2 comments:

Brooke B said...

I'm happy to see that you've made so much progress, and YAY for more outlets. I still need to figure out why my switches don't work like switches in the two spare rooms. But my heater is the priority now (defrost is broken...so no bueno). It never ends though, does it? Oh well. Life goes on. Miss you!

Unknown said...

A water heater is a very important device in our house. And seeing it being installed properly is really great! This is a good assurance to all of you that after the renovation, you can all enjoy a warm water for bath and washing. And hopefully, you’re enjoying it now.

Dennis Cannon @ Laird & Son